Wednesday, October 1, 2008

day 18 after transplant

Good morning !

We had a bad lightning storm here last night and could not get connected to the internet and I fell asleep while waiting for the storm to be over.

I had a good and busy day yesterday. When to clinic and it was not as long as the first day because I have been drinking more the IV bag of saline was 1/2 as big. Labs were fine but the influenza culture is still postive so I am still put in isolation. I feel that it is getting better but just annoying cough.

After clinic it was such a beautiful day that I did more walking outside with mask and walked the hall of the hotel to find out where the gym is and picked out a couple of pieces of equipment that I could use when there is no one else in there.

Then layed down to rest and slept 3 hours. Pam woke me up and said that Rodney and Denny would be here soon. Ate dinner and in they arrived. It was good to see their faces.

One funny story before I close -- I woke up at 3 am and had to go to the bathroom and I panicked because I couldn't find my IV pole or the outlet to unplug it. I was looking all around and then I came to my senses and remembered that I was not in the hospital and was not even connected to the IV pole anymore!

Rodney is trying to fix my breakfast and then it is off to the clinic.

Will write more tonight.

God Bless All,
Gloria

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a cute story from last night! Grady was funny last night, too. He was sleep walking. When we were walking upstairs to go to bed, he was standing at the top of the steps, asleep, but he was mumbling how he was lost and couldn't find his way. Last week when I got up in the a.m. I went downstairs and the lights were on in the living room and kitchen. I know they were off when we went to bed the night before. Maybe he was sleep walking then, too, because we were wondering why they were on! Glad you got outside to walk and found the gym! I know it must feel great to be out of the hospital! Talk to you soon! I love you, Beth

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
So happy to hear that your bloodwork is good and your ahead of schedule. God is SO good!!!!
Keep drinking that water.
We love being able to follow your progress.
Much Love
Terry and Jennifer Sager

Anonymous said...

Keep drinkin' mamaw! I like to drink lots and lots of water, but I usually get to drink out of a bowl (sometimes the big white bowl in mommy and daddy's bathroom). Get well soon, I miss you!
Love,
Harley