Wednesday, October 1, 2008

day 19 after transplant

Good evening !

Had a very good night's rest and we got up at 7:30 and had breakfast. We didn't have to be at the clinic until 10:30.

Still had to be put in an isolation room and they took labs and gave me a small IV bag of saline solution and then it seemed like a long time until my lab results came back. It was good news. I didn't need anything else. As a matter of fact I get a day off tomorrow -- no clinic for me tomorrow! Praise the Lord ! I have to go back on Friday and also to see a doctor.

On our way back to the hotel we found a Food Lion and I even got to go in as long as I didn't touch anything. That was kind of hard to do but it was ok. They said that if I felt that it was not safe to leave. I stayed out of the produce dept. and away from the flower dept.

Came back to the hotel and ate dinner and then went to lay down for a while and the next thing I know Rodney came in to wake me up at 8 to take my pills.

I got mail today and that a nice surprise.

The people here at the hotel could not be more helpful. Tonight they had a cookout with hamburgers and hot dogs out on the grill. That is where Rodney got his dinner.

Tomorrow is a day to relax and maybe explore the area for a mall. As long as it is a time when the mall is not crowded they said that would be a good place to walk.

Thanks so much for your continued support and all your prayers -- they sure do work.

God Bless,
Gloria

No comments: