Wednesday, October 22, 2008

day 39 after transplant

Hello,

It was sunny but cool today. We left for the clinic early this morning because Obama was to be at the colliseum today which is really close to the hospital. The news said that the colliseum could hold 13,000 people! Heard on the news tonight that they filled the colliseum and about 5000 people stood outside. We were afraid that the traffic would be bad but it wasn't at the time we got there.

I had labs drawn today as usual and then I got my antibiotic, saline and mageseum. The nurse pract. and the doctor both came to see me. I have a discoloration under my arms and on my legs and the nurse pract. thought that it might be the beginning of graft vs host. She wanted to send me to the dermo. to get a skin scraping. Dr. Toor came in and he said that he thought that it was yeast infection and he didn't want to do the skin scraping because that would leave an opening for infection. So now I have to shower with Selsun Blue and apply another kind of creme. I am also to eat yogurt.

We got back to the hotel and Dena fixed me some wonderful potato soup. That warmed up my tummy. While Dena was doing laundry I sit in the lounge chair for a nap until the phone rang and scared me to death.

We watched a movie tonight. A funny one so we got to do a lot of laughing. Now that I have all my meds ready for tomorrow I am ready to go to bed. I get the day off tomorrow but go on Friday. John comes in tomorrow, pray for a safe flight for him. Dena will go home and Dad and Corinne will be here until John gets here.

God Bless all of you. Miss all of you.
Gloria

No comments: