Wednesday, October 15, 2008

day 32 after transplant

Good evening to all,

Didn't want to wait to late tonight to blog because I knew you would be anxious to hear about my day at the clinic. I got to the clinic at 10 and they took my labs first. Will not know about the results of the lab work that they called me back in for yesterday. That should be back tomorrow. The nurse pract. said that she felt sure that it was a contaminated bottle. That made me feel a little better. Then I did a nasal test to see how this virus is going (away I hope).

Then it came time for me to have the bone marrow biospy. Dr. Rilley was wonderful. They gave me something just to relax me but still be aware of what was happening. The nurse stood by my side and held my hand the whole time. He told me before he started what he was going to do from start to finish. Before he did anything he would tell me, now I am going to rub this cold stuff to clean the area, next I am going to numb you and let me know if you feel pain, etc. He was fantastic! Thank you prayer warriors. I could feel your prayers and the procedure went very well. After it was over I had to lay flat on my back for half and hour. I will not know the results for about a week.

Came back to the hotel and ate a little lunch and then sit on the lounge chair to try to read but I couldn't keep my eyes open. Next thing I knew it was 5:30.

I do not have to go to clinic tomorrow but will go on Friday. It will be nice to be able to rest tomorrow and let this heal.

I know that I got along so well was because there was a lot of prayers going up and I could feel God's hand on me. I also give God the credit for guiding the doctors hands.

Rodney got to eat with Denny and the Beast tonight and I heard that she made some fabulous beef stew. Thanks Pam for taking care of Rodney.

God Bless all of you,
Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria,

Just wanted you to know you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I enjoy reading your daily blog. Keep on getting better! We miss seeing you.
Love,
The Wrights-Tracy, Becky, Whitney, Chandler, Molly and Samuel