Friday, October 24, 2008

day 41 after transplant

Good evening,

Today was good but busy. I had to go to the clinic at 10:30. They were doubling people up in the isolation rooms. I got in the small room and they brought in another lounge chair and then brought in a young girl. We were only about 3 feet apart! She was sneezing and coughing. She said that she got this virus a week ago. I am almost over mine. I can finally taste my food. Before I could ask if I could be moved they came in and took her out because she needed to be seen by the doctor. I sure don't need to get this stuff back. I felt sorry for the nurse because her hands were tied because she had to do what the head nurse said. She tried to get the head nurse to put the patients in exam rooms so there would be only one to a room.

I had to get a small bag of saline, magnesium, and my antiboditic and get some meds changed and refilled. So we had to go to CVS to pick up meds. John saw a statue on top of a hill near the CVS and he wondered if I could walk there. Well I needed to get my exercise so off we went. What a beautiful view of Richmond from on top of the hill. The street name was Libby Terrace! They had a lot of houses that were very old and very well kept up. I showed John St Johns Church where Patrick Henry made his famous speech, Give me liberty or give me death.

Came back to the hotel and fixed lunch and then we got out a picture puzzle to put together. A picture of a red barn in the snow. I worked on it until 10 when I had to stop to get my meds together but John is still working on it.

I have to go to clinic tomorrow. I have to fast because they are going to test my lipid pannel and my thyroid. I will get my antiboditic also. Hope it won't take too long.


Rodney got here at 8 tonight and we fixed him dinner. Good to see his face again.

Well I am going to turn in for tonight. Continue to pray that all my tests will come back negative.
If this stuff that Dr. Toor thinks is a yeast infection but the nurse pract. thinks that it is graft vs host disease. If is is not better by next week I will have to have a skin scraping to test it to see for sure what it is.

God Bless All of You,
Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gloria, we are glad to hear you are doing so well. We had to laugh at several of your blog messages; laughter is good for us all.

We are praying for you!

Scott & Lisa Kiracofe