Saturday, October 18, 2008

day 35 after transplant

It's me again !

I had a wonderful day. I didn't have to go to the clinic. Scott, Beth, Grady, Libby, Ryan and Jennifer came down to celebrate October birthdays. Today my baby turned 25! Seems just like yesterday that he was born. Grady had a birthday on October 9th and Beth has a October 26th birthday. It was good to spend the day with them. The men went to KFC and Captain D's and brought lunch back to the hotel. I made mac and cheese for the kids. It wouldn't be like going to Mamaw's without that. Rodney and I went to Food Lion last night and got a cake for them. The food sure looked good but I couldn't eat a bit of it. I can not eat fast food. I'm not sure if chemo or this cold has my smell messed up but I couldn't smell a thing and that was probably a good thing.

After the kids left Rodney did a little Travelers work and I did some paper work and watched the UVA and now we are watching the Tech game.

I gave myself my first antibiodic IV here today and I hope that I did it correct. Thanks to Holly for writing it out step by step because "Lucy and Ethel" sure didn't help that much yesterday.
It was kind of neat the way it worked. It looks like a balloon in a bottle and it is under pressure and it is finished when the balloon goes flat.

While Scott was here today he put a picture of my caregiver Pam Cox back on day 27 entry just incase you would like to go back to look at the picture.

I am soon going to bed. I have to go to clinic tomorrow. Hope for a short visit. Then Dena Wheelbarger will be my caregiver until Thursday and then my brother will be here for a week.

God Bless,
Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, while your youngest son turned 25 my oldest became Mrs. Leon Malca. I wish you and Rodney could have been there. It was a beautiful ceremony. We laughed, we cried, and we rejoiced. In a couple of days I will send you the website with the wedding pictures. Leon's parents from Israel stayed with us for a couple of days. It must be very difficult for them to know that in a few days they will be so long away from their son. It sounds like you are doing well. Curt and Kristie were here today and said they had talked to you. Glad to hear you are able to give yourself your shots. You will be home before you know it. May God continue to bless you. Hope to hear from you soon. Valerie and Brad