Friday, October 17, 2008

day 34 after transplant

Hello everyone,

I woke up to rain beating against my window this morning and the temperature was in the 50's. Qiute different from the 80's yesterday. I guess fall is upon us.

We had to be at clinic this morning at 9:45 so we didn't have time to waste. It was a long day at the clinic, probably the longest day that I have spent there. The reason it took so long was because I had to wait for the new antibodic that I need for this positive culture. The meds that the pharmacy had was frozen and had to thawed. The nose drop test (test for this virus) was negative but they need two negative tests before I will be out of isolation. I will probably have another test next week. They say that now it is considered just a cold. I feel fine but just have an annoying cough.

Holly went home today and Rodney is here now. Thanks Holly for a good week. You did a good job and I am so thankful to you for leaving your husband and boys to take care of me.

A man is suppose to be here tonight to bring me the antibodic that I need for tomorrow. "Lucy and Ethel " (home care nurses) taught me what I was suppose to do -- they were really dingy! The nurse that was taking care of me today gave the ladies that name. Thank goodness Holly was there to write things down and we asked a lot of questions. It is like a balloon in a bottle that is under pressure. I can hook up to my line and put it in my pocket and walk around.

I get the day off tomorrow and the kids are coming tomorrow to celebrate all the October birthdays. Ryan, my baby will be 25 years old! Grady just turned 9 and then Beth has a birthday also.

It has been a long day and I am going to bed but I wanted to blog because I know that a lot of you look for it every night.


God Bless All of You,
Gloria

No comments: