Wednesday, October 8, 2008

day 26 after transplant

Good evening to all,

First let me say how overwhelmed I am with all the cards and emails that I get everyday. I wish I could respond to them all but it would take me forever. I think the front desk has given up calling the room to let me know that I have mail. They just have it ready for Pam when she walks by the desk.

Today started a little slow. Didn't have to be at clinic until 10. There is a certain isolation room that they have been putting me in that the nurses know I like. It is quiet and Pam can stay there with me. Today as I got all setttled a nurse came in and said that I had to go to another room with another lady. Well, this lady was very sick and coughing and did not have mask on. I kept my mask on and felt very uncomfortable there. Most of the time she was curled up in her chair with a blanket over head. I will have to stick up for myself next time and insist on a private room.

I had a visitor when I got back to the hotel. Rodney had a meeting today here in Richmond and he stayed to eat dinner with us. Good to see his smiling face.

I am going to stay up until 8 tonight to take my meds and then I am going to call it a night.
I get to sleep in tomorrow because I don't have to go to clinic.


God Bless,
Gloria

2 comments:

PCox said...

HEY GUYS, SOUNDS LIKE THINGS ARE GOING WELL. GLORIA NOW YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH ALL THE TIME.NOTHING BUT THE BEAST.RODNEY AND I WILL SEE YOU "HAIRY LADIES FRIDAY NIGHT. LOVE,DENNY

Anonymous said...

Hey Hairy Ladies!!
I thought I would fall off the couch laughing when I read what Pam told the plumber. That was sooo
funny.
It really does my heart good to hear that you are having short days and entirely skipping others! Praise God! You continue to be on our Bible Study prayer list every week. I can't wait until we hear about the "trouble" you and Holly get into next week. Gregg says Hello!
Love and hugs,
Barb