Monday, October 6, 2008

day 24 after transplant

Good evening !

First let me say what an awesome God we have. I have had a wonderful day. I didn't have to be at the clinic today until 11:45 so we got to sleep in and that was good because I was so tired from the day before. Nice to be able to chill for a while. I had labs done and a small IV of saline. The nurse pract. checked me over and said that I was doing very well. I had to do another culture for this virus and had a chest x-ray. I do not have to go the clinic tomorrow so that will be good to have another day off. Pam and I will have to find some place to go and walk around.

Had to go to the drugstore and get another prescription and then we came back to the hotel and I laid down for a while and then we walked the full length of the hotel hall for some excerise.

Pam fixed me a fish filet, baked potato and beets for dinner -- it was really good. Now she just brought me a hot cup of tea and fruit with pound cake. I think that I am getting very spoiled.

Miss all of you guys and think about you alot but the time here is going by so much faster than I ever thought that it would. I have had some time to read and that is something that I enjoy doing and don't get a lot of time to do.

God Bless,
Gloria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There!
I hope you and Pam aren't getting into too much trouble, Richmond may never be the same!
It's so good to hear that your appointments are getting shorter and that you are getting to skip more days. That is another indication that you are remaining ahead of the curve. God is so good!
Keep up the good work. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Love and hugs,
Gregg and Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria,
I am so glad to hear that things are going so well. You are right our God is an awesome God. I am glad that you are finding some time to read and that time is passing quickly for you.
Mark and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
God Bless,
Lori and Mark Copley