Thursday, October 16, 2008

day 33 after transplant

Good evening,

The weather here was beautiful -- 88 degrees. Now tomorrow they are calling for the 60's to be the high.

Holly did laundry today and then we went to Chesterfield Mall to walk. It was not crowded and a good time to walk. Came back to the hotel and I laid down to rest. Got woke up by the phone ringing and it was the clinic. Not what I wanted to hear-- the culture that they thought was just comtaminated came by positive again. I go to clinic tomorrow and they are going to give me a bag of some kind of antibiotic. Then they are going to bring in a home care nurse to show me how to do this bag at the hotel on my off days from the clinic. The days I go to clinic they will give it to me. She said that way I won't have to come to the clinic just to get the antibiotic. I do this for 14 days. They don't know what it is but they don't want to wait for 10 days when the results will come back to give me something. She assured me that this was not anything unusual. The good thing is that I am not running a fever or feel bad. This too shall pass.

The nurse at the hospital when they discharged me told me that I may be doing fine now but not to get unset if there would be a time I would have some down days. Every day I have is one less bad day. God is here to take care of me.

Good night to all. Continue those prayers.
Love to all,
Gloria

1 comment:

PCox said...

Gloria,
Shoot! I can imagine the culture news was frustrating-especially after how well everything else is going. The high-powered antibiotic is just the thing-you'll probably see that cough improve too.
Remember our talk about getting too used to things going well every day? You named your blog perfectly : every "journey" has smooth roads and clear skies as well as pot-holes and flat tires.
You're traveling yours with courage and grace.
Hi to Holly-any bleach incidents yet? ;-)
Love,
Pam