Tuesday, October 14, 2008

day 32 after transplant

Hi!

Thought that I would blog a little earlier tonight. Got a big day tomorrow -- bone marrow biospy at 10. Please remember to say a prayer for me at this time. It would be much appreciated. I know that I will not be alone tomorrow during this treatment - God will be right there to comfort me.

I had the day off today. Holly cleaned the room so while she was doing that I went outside in the gazebo and wrote thank you cards and birthday cards and sympathy cards. It was a beautiful day. We ate lunch and was deciding which mall to go to and then the phone rang. It was the clinic and they said that one of the cultures they took yesterday came back positive. They wanted me to come in and do it over again. They had to take blood out of my arm and this was the first time since I have had my port and hickman line put in that I got blood taken out of my arm. I was about to freak out. The nurse couldn't have been more gentle but it still hurt. They said that it could be a contaminated bottle or something else going on. I pray that it will come back negative tomorrow.

Came back to the hotel and I rested and tried not to worry. I must remember that God has been so good this far and he will see me through this too.

Good night all,
Gloria

2 comments:

PCox said...

Gloria,
I'll be thinking about you today at 11:00-make sure you get enough Happy Juice! This is a big step forward in your journey-a "30-day milestone".
The Beast

Anonymous said...

Praying that everything went well this morning. I know Holly is taking good care of you. Let us know how you are when you are up to it!
Love and Hugs,
Barb K