Monday, September 29, 2008

day17 after transplant

Good evening from my new home ! Candlewood Suites is a big change from the hospital, although the hospital was not bad.

I got up at 8 and showered and ate breakfast and then had to be at the clinic at 11:15. We left a little early because we were not sure what the schedule would be. The first thing that I had done was labwork and then was put in an isolation room because of my influenza -but it was a room with an lady that had it too. We had a good conversion and it was nice to met somebody new.
I got an IV of saline solution and and an IV of magnesium. They gave a copy of my labs and the nurse said that it was very good, I just needed to be sure to drink, drink, and drink!
My platets are up to 189 and my white blood cells are up 10.7. Praise God that is very important.

While I was in clinic Pam met a lady there that was waiting on her husband and she gave Pam a tour of the unit and then Pam went to CVS to get my meds and to the grocery store that was next door and ran the food back to the hotel and just as I was getting done she walked through the door and away we went -perfect timing. Then we rode around the vicinity of the hotel to see if we could find a Wal-Mart or CVS or Foodlion but we couldn't find anything so we came back to the hotel. I thought that I would laydown to rest for a while and I slept for 2 hours.

My nose was very stuffy tonight so I hopped in the shower and stood in the steam for a while and that really helped. The nurses at the clinic was talking about how many of their patients have this influenza and that you can pick it up anywhere. They said that the most important thing to do is watch what you touch and to wash hands and use hand santizer and to keep your hands away from your face.

Pam fixed me a wonderful dinner of shell pasta with carrots, onions, mushrooms, crabmeat and celery all sauted and then an Italian like dressing. Then she fried up some apples. Although I had to admit to her that I could not taste it a lot I knew that if my taste buds were normal it would be delicious.

Well, I have the same schedule at the clinic tomorrow so I think that after 10pm meds I will hit the bed.

Gods Blessing to All of You,
Gloria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got moved in and have something different to look at. Take care of yourself and drink!! Water that is! Sounds like you are feeling pretty good and hope that you only continue to feel stronger each day.

Prayers are with you.
Susan

PCox said...

This is Pam, your caregiver, DRINK, rest, and walk or bike while I'm gone and I'll see you Sunday!!! ;-))