Sunday, September 28, 2008

day 16 after transplant

Good evening to all !

This has been a long but wonderful day. First of all this is the Lord's day and I watched Charles Stanley on TV. He had a wonderful message on the trials in our lives, if we follow God, He is always there for us and that will make your faith stronger and then you are to serve others by helping them. So true.

Dr. Chung came in and said that everything is a go and to drink plenty of water or liquid. That would get rid of all the toxic and help keep all my other organs functionng. At least my appetite has come back a little, it still all tastes like metal but I am able to eat noodle soup and keep it down. He said that he was glad to see me go but that he would miss me - I entertained him !

Next Rodney and I started to pack up and they wanted us out by 3 and that is about the time that Ryan and Jennifer came so they took down all the cards and and other decorations. The nurses helped us to put everything on a cart and we were off to the pharmacy to get my meds and then off to my new home for several months, The Candlewood Suites. It is really nice and they couldn't have been more accomodating. Now that it has been cleaned and redecorated it feels like home.

I have a wonderful caregiver, Pam, here with me until Tuesday and then Rodney will come down for the rest of the week. She was a big help in getting my meds straightened out that I will need for tonight and tomorrow -- that took a while because there so many and they have to be taken at a certain time. She will be coming back for the whole next week. I am just so humbled at everyone that has volunteered to come stay with me. I just can't imagine people who do not have the kind of support that I have from my loving family, church family and neighbors and just friends that I have known. A gaint big thanks to all of you.

Well it has been a long day, after all I am only 16 days old and I need my rest. I have to be at the clinic tomorrow at 11:15 and am hoping that I will not have to stay there all day but whatever it takes I'll do it.

Love to all,
Gloria

No comments: