Friday, September 19, 2008

7th day after transplant

Hello to everyone.

I was kept awake alot of the night because I had to have some platets and they didn't come in until 3 am and so they kept me awake to take my vitals. But I did finally get to sleep and didn't wake until 8!

Got lots of mail again today and the nurses don't know where I will find a place to put them but I know that I will find a place. I also got a package of books from Joseph andSusannah Williams, they are part of Scott and Beth's small group. I have read one of his other books and I sure enjoyed it and I shared the book with Shirley Hohenstein.

This afternoon I kind of got a scare -- Dr. Toor one of the bone marrow doctors told me that the test that they took day before yesterday came back today postive for a virsus --- they think that I have the flu. They will decide tomorrow if I need to be moved to another floor ! Please say prayers that this will not be necessary. I am not allowed to leave the room and anyone that comes in has to be suited up --gloves, mask and gown! I think that they will do another test tomorrow. Day before yesterday my nose was running and I sneezed couple of times but I didn't think too much about that. I told my nurse and she suggested that we do a culture just to be safe. The results did not come back until today. I do not feel bad or do not have a temperature and my lungs are clear.

I sure would appreciate prayers that I will not have this flu and have to move down to another floor.

Thanks to all,
Gloria

2 comments:

The Embellish Team said...

Hi Gloria,

We're just sending our prayers and well-wishes....Hope this flu scare will be worked out and you can stay in your room! I know you'd hate to have to move AGAIN! Take care!
The Wrights~ Tracy, Becky, Whitney, Chandler, Molly and Samuel

John Miers said...

Glad to hear that your progress is doing well, but concerned about the virus. Hope that turns out to be a non-issue.
I've been very busy with a new trainee at work, so I haven't had time to call Rodney and check in on him. I'll try this weekend.
Take care,
John Miers