Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Sept. 7 on my journey

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful day -- the weather looks beautiful. I have tried to see if they would let me out to see how beautiful it is but they are not buying it. I have completed my 13th chemo treatment and I still feel fine. God is so good! Rodney and I are here just chillin' watching the Richmond race.

I wanted to introduce you to some of my caregivers here at the hospital. Len has been my head nurse and she is wonderful --so caring and stops by to see if there is anything that she can do for me or Rodney. She is so thoughtful that she took my laundry home with her to wash them since we 2 hrs. away from home.

Reggie is studying to be a nurse --he also is Philipino and he is so bubbly. He bounces in the room and he can't do enough for you. He fixed our computer cliche and then he showed Rodney Clark Air Force base ( where Rod was stationed for 16 months). They were like two little kids on the computer.
Reggie came in my room at 2 am this morning and said that he was a little down because the other patients didn't seem to be happy with his care and I told him that I was sure that it wasn't anything that he did wrong but some people when they are not feeling well they don't know how to deal with being sick. I told he to tell them "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" He left the room more cheerful. He tries so hard.
Annie (also Philipino) teaches young people at her church and they pray for her patients and she said that they would be praying for me now too! I told you that God is good.

I have found out that I can have some visitors -- just make sure that they are not sick or been exposed to anyone that has been sick or has recently had a vaccination. They also have to wash their hands.
For those interested my address for a while is Gloria Hildebrand
VCU Medical Center
1300 E. Marshall St.
North Hospital, 10th Floor
Room #10-733
Richmond, VA 23298

My hospital phone # is 804-649-5112

Later,
Gloria

5 comments:

Barb K said...

Hey There Gloria and Rodney; I'm watching the race too, looking for Gregg (like I'm REALLY going to see him in all those 1000's of people!)He's on turn 2 about 7 rows up.
Gloria, yes God is good! He has given you the grace to accept all of this and to stay positive throughout the last several years. The only time I have seen you down was the night you called me over to check your temp. Even then I think you both just needed another brain to bounce your decision making off of, rather than being in the dumper. YOU are amazing!
I know you will get the necessary info to me asap that I need to set up the "training class" for your volunteer roomies.
As always, you and Rodney are in our prayers.
Love, Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria and Rodney,
What a great blog site. Are you sure you are in a hospital? From the description of your room it sounds like you might be at the beach! Keep up the good spirits and we are praying for you and your donor. Looking forward to hearing that the transplant went as planned!
Sounds like you are giving the gift on Christian love to those who are working with you. What a blessing you are to them.
Hugs,
Becky D

carlindat said...

I am so glad that things are going well so far! I have been thinking about you and praying that all of you find the strength that you need. Have a good day! (:

Carlinda

Anonymous said...

I just read this scripture and thought you'd like to read it too.
From Romans 15:13, I say this prayer... Rodney and Gloria, may "the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in HOPE by the POWER of the Holy Spirit!"
I love you! Beth

Jennifer said...

Hi Gloria!

We are really missing you at school. You've missed 2 quizzes already. A math quiz on Friday, and today (Monday) we had a science quiz. The kids are doing good. If they could just get that homework done. I'm having to give out lunch detention already! I think about you almost every minute of each day. People here at school keep asking about you. I sure hope they check out this blog-what a good idea. I'm so glad that your spirits are high and you seem to be feeling well. You can definitely go thru a lot more than most people-and yet remain upbeat through it all. You are truly an inspiration to us all! Can't wait to talk to you soon. Missing you bunches!

Love you,
Jennifer (the one at school joined to her hip)