Saturday, September 6, 2008

My 3rd day on my journey

Good evening,

The nurses call me the "new kid on the block" because I still have hair. On Monday I will start a another kind of chemo and this may be not so pleasant. They have meds for the side effects but not for the part about losing my hair-- but I have been there and done that before and I can do it again.
I am waiting for my 11th chemo treatment and I am still feeling well. God is amazing!

The food here is very good and is prepared totally on the transplant unit and is served in all throw away containers.Everybody has to clean their hands before they can enter the room. Rodney can not eat in the room. He can have a drink in the room but it has to have a lid on the cup. Before I got in the room I was given new pillows and telephone out of sealed bags and I can take them home with me or they will be thrown out when I leave the hospital. Everyday I have to take a shower and while I am in the shower they completely clean my room and linens. They even put up a new shower curtain everyday. The air in each room is filtered and there can be no more than 4 people in the room at the same time so the air can be filtered properly. My computer had to be wiped down and even the cell phones. They are very serious about this and this will continue when I leave here and go to the Candlewood Suites and even when I get home. My life depends on everything being clean.
I sure appreciate Barbara being willing to set up a caregiving training session for my caregivers-- the date has not be set yet but you will soon being hearing from her.

Thanks for continuing to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I feel them!

God Bless all of you,

Rodney and Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site-know Ryan & Scott worked hard to get this up & running. I don't see your address on this site--please let me know. Love to you & Rodney--from Rod's favorite sister!!