Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2nd edition to day 4 after transplant

What a beautiful sunset tonight. I have just been hooked up to my "food in a bag" that will last for 24 hours.

I had a wonderful visit with my parents today and they will be here for a short visit tomorrow and then they will go home. Scott and Beth will be here on Thursday.I got mail today and the nurses are still so surprised of the the mail that I continue to get. Last posting today I told you that I got moved to another room but I failed to give you the new address

Room #10-735 and the telephone # is 804-649-5369.


Now I can not promise you this but I hope that this will be the last change I have to make. Dr. McCardy said today that he wanted me to be in this room because he thought that I would enjoy it better and he wanted his "poster child" to be happy ! He is a very caring doctor. I found out that he is the father of 5 children (including a set of twins) He has a daughter that is 19 and her birthday is SEPT. 11! He slso is a Christian and on Sunday church is his first priority. God is AWESOME.

I miss everyone but it sure does help to hear from you and just to know that you are out there lefting up prayers -- I do feel them.

More later.
Gloria

PS Thanks to you for taking care of Rodney for me while we are apart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
If I thought I could get my food in a bag and not gain weight, that would be awesome. I wonder if you'll be able to eat also. Sounds like you are doing great. God is providing for you with His great care and you are blessed to have a loving husband and family.
Love, Sue

Anonymous said...

Gloria,

So glad you are doing so well. Pray and know you will continue. Sounds like you are still your beautiful self. So glad Bob and Corinne made it safe and you had a nice visit. Tomorrow is my last radiation. Praise God for I am pretty cooked and now I can heal. I kinda like this braless thing though.Ha. Love your blog, feels like I am there talking to you everyday. God's Love Mary Sue

PCox said...

Gloria,
We're so glad to hear how well this is going for you! Who knew you'd get a "tour" of the facility while everything else is going on?? Denny talked to Rodney yesterday and he's coming over here for supper tonight, so we'll feed him well and get the latest news. Thanks for keeping us posted-blogs are the best, huh?
Pam

Barb K said...

Hi!
Hope you are having a good day. It's sunny here in Bridgewater, with a good breeze and around 80 degrees. I spent the day in bed with a migraine, but then I think about what you are going through and a migraine is hardly a blip on the radar!
I'm going through the info you sent trying to work up a program for your roomies-to-be. Rodney said he wants to come to it also, so I'll be sure to make it so that he can attend.
Keep on keepin' on!
Love, hugs and prayer,
Gregg and Barb