Tuesday, September 23, 2008

day 11 of transplant

Greetings to everyone,

Today was an uneventful day -- just a lazy day. I got up at 5a.m. and rode my bike and read my Bible.

At 10 a m they gave me Benadryl because they were going to give me platets and then they found out that the blood bank didn't have enough -- they said that was ok mine was not that low but they wanted to boost them a little. Well I had a wonderful nap -I slept until after 1 pm and could not remember what day it was.

The doctor that takes care of the food in the bag said that he wants me to wean off of the bag. So I ate some mashed potatoes, jello and a popisle. I just don't have much of an appetite.

Dr. Chung was is and he is pleased with my progress my white blood cells are up to 2 now ! He said that I was about a week ahead of schedule. Now if I can get rid of the influenza -- don't know how I got it but Dr. Chung said that it is a lot going around. There has been nothing said about me moving to another room so that is good.

Grady and Libby made me this decorated box with rainbows, birds, sunshine, trees and of course bugs on it (Libby loves bugs) and inside the box is 100 envelopes that I am to open one a day. Some envelopes have pictures of the kids and others have drawings and others have Bible verses. The one that I opened today was one that Grady wrote it from Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do no be terrifed; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go! That helped me through today thanks Grady --Mamaw loves you.

I am going to turn in early tonight and try to get rid of this bug - they say it just has to work its way out and rest is good for it.

God Bless Everyone
Love to All
Gloria

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mamaw! I'm so glad you read that verse today! Get lots of rest so you don't have the flu anymore! I love you! Grady

carlindat said...

What a woman! You are so inspiring...my prayers remain with you. Take care.

Carlinda

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Gloria!! It sounds like you are doing great!!! I am so happy that things are going ahead of schedule!! I read your blog everyday! I am so very proud of you- you are truly an inspiration to us all. We will keep the Az prayers comin'! Love You!!
Charity

PCox said...

Gloria,
Just want to let you know Denny & I are following along every day. Appetite or not, humor the docs and eat what they give you. Getting rid of those tubes one-at-a-time is the way to go! Speaking of eating: Rodney's coming over to have a chicken dinner with us tonight. He hinted that he wants more fried green tomatoes-we'll see! ;-) Keep the chin up-everything here on the home front is rolling along!
Pam & Denny

Anonymous said...

You have some of the most wonderful grandchildren! I know you already know that, however it doesn't hurt to reinforce. Glad you are ahead of schedule, now just get over the influenza and I know you will do whatever it takes to do that.
Keeping you in my prayers.

Susan