Sunday, September 21, 2008

day 9 after transplant

Hey, to all,

Last night was a very busy night -- they gave me blood and platets. Benadryl helped me to sleep but they came in every hour to check my vitals. I woke up at 8 am which is late for me. I did ride my bike before Rodney got here this morning.

We missed going to church but we did watch Jerry Falwell's son and Charles Stanley. I sure enjoyed Chareles Stanley.

After that we watched the Washington Redskins vs Azriona -- Redskins won !

While Rodney went to lunch I took a nap - he said I was asleep before he left the room.

They took another culture to see if I indeed do have a virius -- please will you say a prayer that I do not. Rodney and all the nurses are still having to suit up. If the test comes back positive there is a possibility that I will be moved to another floor. I am not looking forward to that because the transplant floor is where I need to be. The nurses are so good here.

Rodney left to go home at 3 because I didn't want him to be driving in the dark ad there are some things that he needs to do to get ready for work tomorrow. I could see in his eyes that he didn't want to leave. I tried to assure him that I would be fine.


Please continue to pray for Rodney and me. I know that you are because I can feel the prayers being answered. The nurse told me today that I am really doing very well and making good progress.


Thanks for your support and I love all of you,
Gloria

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that you do not have a virus. Hard to believe you could pick something up when everyone is being so careful. Both you and Rodney are in my prayers.
Susan

Karen Hopkins said...

It is such a blessing to read your updates, Gloria. Your Texas family
is praying for you, also. Linda, my(sister) and I will be heading to Oklahoma tomorrow to see Mother (Lee Blystone.....who dearly loves Rodney) and we will update her on your progress. Sure wish we could have Rodney over for supper one night......oh well.
Our love and prayers to you and Rodney.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Dear Gloria,
From what I read at the beginning of the transplant procedure, Tues. or Wed. of this week the transplant will start to work. So far everything seems in order and I pray as well as some of my church family you will keep improving. God's will is working in your life and I know you will be fine. You are an awesome testimony to all you know and meet of trials and tribulations.
Love and Blessings, Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria from lots of us at Pence Middle School!
We sure do miss you here. Your sub is a wonderful lady, so don't worry about your children at Pence. :) We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers each and every day and following your progress with your website. It's great. We hope everything continues to go well and pray that the flu does NOT get ahold of you. You continue to take care of yourself and know that you are here with us, if not in body at the present time - definitely in spirit and thought! We're counting down the day when you come back to us! Love and miss you, Lou Ann and many others!

The Jones Family said...

Hey Aunt Gloria! I was just reading your blog and thinking about you. Hope that you do not have any kind of virus and you do not have to move to another floor. I wish I could be there with you. Well we are praying for you and Uncle Rodney out in AZ. Tell Rodney I said Hi!
Love you both,
Autumn