Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 3 after transplant

Hello, to everyone --please forgive me for not writing for the last two days, I just could not make my mind and hands make a connection. They gave me some strong Benadrl and that made me sleep for hours. Last night they gave me two units of plasma and this morning I woke up to feeling a lot better, I have a lot more energy and can at least stay awake. Dr. McCardy keeps telling me that things are going as expected. Now they are ridding my system of the chemo that they gave me to get down to zero and now they are giving meds to make my marrow start to take effect. Thank goodnes they know what they are doing!
Not much of an appetite -- I have eaten jello, popsicles and dry cherrios. I did have a few mashed potatoes this afternoon.


One thing unexpected did happen today but nothing that we can't deal with --sorry to say that a child is coming in and I had to move to another room ! I do not feel that I am in the ocean anymore but thats ok. Now my room # is 10-739 and my phone # to my room is 804-649-5374.

Rodney has left to go home and I was glad he was here when I moved to my new room but he really hated to leave. I assured him that I am in good hands here with the nurses and that Friday will be here soon. I pray that God will take care of him and that he won't have spare hours to worry about me.I know that work will be good for him and keep him busy.

Ryan and Jennifer are planning on coming down tomorrow morning for the day. Sure am looking forward to seeing them. Tuesday my Dad and Step-Mom are coming down and then on Thursday Scott and Beth will be here. That will be a good.

Sure missed being in church today,but that will be the way it will be for a while. THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I did watch a church service on TV.

Thanks to all of you who have continued to pray for me and support me. The nurses are in awe of how many people back home have shown their support with cards etc. Even the nurses here have said that they are praying for me at their church and small groups.

God Bless, and Love To All,
Gloria

6 comments:

Barb K said...

Hey There!
About time you are awake!! Rodney was here about an hour and a half ago with the info you sent for me. I will work up a program and go on and have it so people can "practice" at home, but I won't put the calendar out until your family has a chance to have first choice for time slots.
The pictures Rodney posted were great! I loved your "old" room.
Concentrate on getting better. We miss you at church!
Love and hugs,
Gregg adn Barb

Anonymous said...

Dear Gloria,
Just a note to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for you. It has been a long time since I've seen you, but I have seen you many times at events in the past for Beth and Scott. I'm a childhood friend of Beth's (Jennifer) and I always enjoyed seeing you at different functions like graduation, bday parties, and of course the wedding events. Beth has been keeping her friends up-to-date on your situation. I have read your blog and seen the photos, and so glad things are going okay. You have a lot of people praying for you.
My best wishes to you always.
Love, Jennifer Dilley

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you are feeling more like yourself. It will be great when you get your appetite back. We are taking a class on Monday mornings for 4 weeks on intercessory prayer. An excellent teacher. I'm learning a lot. We had fun going to see Shirley last night. She wanted to come home with us. It is a nice home with a beautiful view of mountains.We took her out to eat. I sat on Bob's lap. That brought lots of memories back. We stopped on the way home for ice cream.
Can't wait to see you tomorrow. We have an invitation to stay at David Brunks. He left directions on the cell phone. We had already written it out from MapQuest. We have to be back Wed. at 4:00 so we'll have to leave around 1:00 just to be sure.I'm sure you were happy to see Ryan and Jennifer.
It is so nice to know you have so many prayers being said. I am ready for bed. We played cards with Toni tonight. The first in a long time. God bless you.Much love from Mom and Dad. I have some happy news to tell you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Gloria!! This is an amazing website!! We have been thinking a lot about you and wondering how everything was going! I am sorry that I have not posted anything sooner but mom just gave me this web address. It is an answer to prayers to hear that everything is going as planned. It sounds like you are getting amazing care!! Nurses are awesome, and to let you in on a little secret- Nurses hide their wings under their scrubs. :) Dad is excited to come and see you I know that. He is being very cautious about staying healthy. We are constantly thinking about you and we will be walking in the Race for the Cure on October 12th in your name!!! Its in downtown Phoenix and the weather should be perfect!!! You are in our prayers and on our minds!! We love you!!!
Chad, Charity & Avery

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria,
Neda gave me your web address. It is great! Looks like you are making progress with your procedure. Thanks for keeping us up to date with the notes and pics. You look good! Try to eat all you can & get your exercise...I know it is hard.

I also saw Ryan & Jennifers blog. It looks like they had a nice trip to NY. I just got back & I did a lot of the same things that they did, except we did not make it to Ellis Island or China town. I hope they had a much fun as we did. It is a great place to visit but I would not want to live there.

You take care, keep getting better and I will check back on you.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

We got up at 3:00 to go help with BQ chicken. I helped feed the workers. We then went to Aarika's shower at her mom's house. It was fun but very loud. Val's mom said she really has trouble with noise.Menika,Val's sister did not know about your problem so we talked and she said I'm sorry I didn't know earlier. I will start praying right away. We will surely be praying you won't have to move again and another floor would be terrible. Mary Sue helped with breakfast but she was hurting from the radiation. At least she is finished now. I was so relieved to get the blog this evening. Yesterday for some reason I had no luck getting it.
I would have loved to see your face when Rodney arrived. I know you both were so eager to see each other. Love you. I must go get your dad and let him read your mail.I'll call Helen tomorrow and see if it suits her WEd or Thurs. to come and see you. I know it would give her peace to know just how great you look and the good care you are receiving. At least I know it calmed our nerves. Love and continuous prayers. Dad and Mom