Wednesday, September 17, 2008

5th day after transplant

HELLO TO EVERYONE!

This morning I saw the most beautiful red ball on my bike ride. I rode five miles but the scenery just didn't change much no matter how hard I pedaled.

I woke up to a runny nose and sneezing and felt like I was getting a cold and I know that to blow my nose is a big no no (low plateletts cause bleeding). They took a culture but have not heard from the results yet.

My parents were here for a short visit again today and after they left I thought that I would try to do some reading - well four hours later I woke up! The nurses didn't even come in to take my vitals.

Scott and Beth will be here tomorrow and I am looking forward to spending time with them.

The nurse just came in to give me "food in a bag" last night they said that it was a lobster dinner and tonight it is a steak dinner! All I know it that I sleep and eat all night. My appetite is nothing right now.

I want to thank everyone for looking at my blog and for the continued prayers and also for the cards. I got 24 today! The cute little nurse Anna opens them because she says that she never gets mail.

Thank you Denny and Pam for having Rodney for dinner tonight - I know that he wil enjoy the food and the companny.

Please continue to keep the prayers coming - they sure work.

More later,
Gloria

2 comments:

PCox said...

Hi Gloria,
Well, we didn't serve Rodney steak or lobster and a 12-hr. eating session, but he did enjoy the fried green tomatoes and took home a doggy-bag of peach cobbler! We'll have him over at least once a week for the duration of this period-Wednesday evenings belong to us! He and Denny watched a little baseball and he relaxed some-I love to cook for guys who love to eat!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Steak and lobster in a bag, sounds yummy except you can't taste it. What will they think of next.
Prayers and Love,

Sue