Monday, September 22, 2008

day 10 after trensplant

Hello everyone!

Had a very good day -- they kept me up a lot last night so after riding my bike and taking my shower I decided to be lazy. I started reading a new book and did some sudoku puzzles.

I still do not have an appetite but the doctor wants me to try to start eating solid food - so I am going to try some mashed potatoes. It is getting harder to swallow pills but they want me to try to swallow pills so they won't have to give me so much through an IV.

I had a couple of surprises today. I told the doctor that my leg bones and my lower back is aching and he said that meant that the white blood cells are starting to grow !!! He said that I am about 1 week ahead of schedule -- my donor must have really given me some good stuff. Thank you God. Prayers do work.

Then for my second surprise today Rev. Steve came for a visit. It was good to see him -- he couldn't stay long but it was a good visit.

Thanks to all for your phone calls, cards, and prayers. Also for all the comments on the blog it has been awesome.

Love to everyone,
Gloria

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
What great news that the cells have started to grow already! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers---and my students like to pray for "Miss Rhine's friend".
Blessings,
Cindy Rhine

Anonymous said...

Gloria,

That is wonderful news! We are so glad you are doing so well. Everywhere I go someone asks about you.

Take care!

All our love,

The Tutwilers

Anonymous said...

Dear Gloria:

Your determination and attitude is an inspiration to us. We have been following your blog daily and are amazed by your cheerful attitude. You are one "Tough Lady".

We will continue to keep you and Rod in our daily prayers and thoughts.

God bless you,

Pat & David

Barb K said...

Gloria;
It's so good to know that you didn't have the virus after all! And that you are a week ahead of schedule! WOW! Show-off! ;-)
I sent the letters for your roomies out today and added the one you asked me to.
I'm so glad Steve came to see you. Isn't he great? I truly believe that God's hand was at work when he was sent to B'water.
Keep up the good work, kiddo!
Love and Hugs,
Barb

Steve T. said...

Someone in Omaha, NE wishes you continued success. Have a great summer!