Saturday, September 20, 2008

day 8 after transplant

Good evening everyone,

Rodney and I are watching the JMU football game. So far they are behind but hopefully they will soon get their heads on straight and can get in the game.

I have had a very good day. I have not had to move and I am praying that I won't have to. A 10 year old little girl is in the ocean room. She needs prayers too.

I did eat a few mashed potatoes and some jello.

The doctor was in and he said that things are looking good, The nurse that I had today said that she has worked with lots of patients and she said that I am doing well. She said that she knows that I have a lot of people praying for me and the prayers are working. Just take one day at a time.

Rodney was surprised to see me with a buzz hair cut. He likes my baseball caps. We have enjoyed being together today. He still has to be suited up with gown, gloves and mask.

I will think about all of you in church tomorrow. I sure do miss all of you and I want to thank everyone that has called, sent cards and sent a comment on my blog. I have been awed by the number of people that has looked at my blog (over 2800). What a nice way to keep up with me without having to call the family to see how I am doing.

God Be With All of You Always,

Love,
Rodney and Gloria

2 comments:

Holly said...

Gloria,
It is so good to hear that you are doing great! I read your blog daily and please know that my family and friends are praying for you too! You are such an inspiration to so many people, including me! Enjoy your football game and we will all miss you at church tomorrow morning!

Love,
Holly Davis(Nursery)

Barb K said...

Hey There!
You were talking about books in todays entry. Gloria, you absolutely HAVE TO read a book called The Shack. It's a novel. I don't want to give too much info away so you can really enjoy the book. Suffice it to say that you will NEVER think the same way about the Trinity again!. I can't remember the author's name, but if anyone reads this and is going to visit Gloria soon, you can get it at Costco for almost 50% of the retail price. It's GREAT. I haven't been this excited about a book in years. Our SS Class has a copy that we are passing around, but I bought a copy today just so I can go back and underline things or put my thoughts about certain things in the margins. Sorry, didn't mean to get carried away there. But it has given me a way of looking at the Trinity in a much more personal way than I ever thought possible.
Hope you have had a good day and that you two lovebirds are enjoying your time together.
Love, hugs and prayers,
Gregg and Barb
PS: Gregg even sat down long enough to read it so you know it must be good!