Thursday, September 25, 2008

13th day after transplant

Love to all,

I had a pretty good night until about 6:30 so I finished another book. Then breakfast came and it was ok --cream of wheats and applesauce. At least it stayed down. Then I rode my bike and watched all the people going to work and then it started to rain. It has rained here really hard all day-- they say it is because the State Fair started today and it always rains. Sounds like when the circus comes to our town.

My flu is not any worse but now I cough and cough -- they finally gave me some cough syrup-- hope it helps. I think that there are other people on the floor that has this also.

My lab work was good today --platets high and sugar down and my white blood count is down to 3 from 4 yesterday but they said that was normal. They took the food in a bag away and they want me to eat solid food now. I still do not have much of an appetite but can't get out of here until I start eating and keep it down.

Dr. Chung told me today that I will be discharged on Sunday ! I will have another address at the Candlewood Suites. He first said Friday but I said that is tomorrow and I can't get ready that fast so he said Sunday. This is about 1 week earlier than I expected so Rodney and I are scrambling trying to get everything ready.

God is so awesome and He has been with me every step of the way. If you just have the faith of the size of a mustard seed you can move a mountain and lots of prayers from wonderful friends like you sure does help also.

God Bless you All,
Gloria

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great news!! Another move another place to decorate. Maybe you should contact Nate and see if he can come and help make the Candlewood Suite YOUR place:)
I'm so glad you are progressing so well. Keep it up.

In prayer for you and Rodney,
Susan

Barb K said...

Dear Gloria,
What GREAT news! Rodney just called with the dates that are already covered. Now I can fill in those dates on the calendar! Don't over do it! I know you will glad to see something besides the hospital room.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Rodney.
Hugs and more hugs!
Barb

PCox said...

Hi Roomie,
I'll be there with bells on Sunday 'til Tuesday, then Rodney will take over 'til the next Sunday, then it's you and me for a whole week! I'm looking forward to spending time with you, helping you heal. I'm going to finally get some of the reading done that I can't seem to get done here! I know Rodney is stocking up on lots of supplies-is there anything I can bring you? Don't hesitate to ask! See you Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria!
I am so happy to hear the news that you'll be released from the hospital on Sunday... God is so GOOD!!! I hope Ryan and I get to see you soon. He's supposed to be talking to you about a time to come. I gave my date to Barb to come stay with you in November. :) I look forward to that! Take care and take it easy.

Love you!

-Jake