Wednesday, September 10, 2008

my rest day before my new birthday

Rested very well considering that the nurses were in and out of the room every hour taking my vitals. Finally I stayed up at 4 am and read a book. They even took me off my IVs for 2 hours and that was nice to take a shower without all the tubes.

Looking forward to tormorrow for my new birthday and Rodney's and my 37th wedding anniversay. Alot of things have happened on that date. Who would have guessed that we would be spending our anniversay this way. I am so thankful for him and hope that the next years will not be spent in the hospital.

We continue to pray that the donor got harvested today and that the travel to MCV will be a success. The doctors said that things are going as planned and that I am still their "poster child' and they will be here during my infusion.

My Dad and Step Mom were here today for a visit -- it was really good to see their faces and to spend some time with them.

My brother from AZ called to set up a week to come to be my caregiver for a week -- I' m so excited and thankful that he would want to do that.

Well, I have been overwhelmed with all the cards that I have received -- I got 4 yesterday and 10 today -- the nurses are in awe that I have so much support from family, friends and church friends and school staff.

Please pray for my big day and that all will go well. I know that God will be there beside me all the way.

God Bless,
Gloria

7 comments:

Barb K said...

Hey, girlfriend!
Congrats on both counts for tomorrow! We both got "keepers" when we said "I do"!
We will be praying for you all day tomorrow. I pray that the Holy Spirit will surround you and keep you safe and lead you into a new world of wholeness and health. I wish I could give you a big hug right now.......consider yourself hugged!
Love and prayers,
Barb and Gregg

Holly said...

Gloria,
I am so glad to read that you are feeling a little bit better today! Congrats on your wedding anniversary, that is along time!! I hope tomorrow is a success and things go wonderfully! Please know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of my family and friends.

Love,

Holly Davis
(Nursery Coordinator)

carlindat said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! What a fabulous gift for you both tomorrow.....Your donor receives the top dog award for the best anniversary gift. I will be praying for you.

Carlinda

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for you. I hope tomorrow goes well and you will be blessed with a healthy life. Congratulations to you and Rodney on your anniversary! All our love to you.

Holly Tutwiler

Anonymous said...

Gloria,

We've been thinking of you both and are glad to read things are going so well.

Wow, what a special day tomorrow will be - so much to celebrate!

Praying for you both.

Scott & Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Gloria,

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you throughout the day tomorrow (and the rest of your journey). Happy Anniversary to you and Rodney!
Love and Prayers-
The Wrights~ Tracy, Becky, Whitney, Chandler, Molly and Samuel

Anonymous said...

Gloria, congrats and the anniversary. We are praying for you and know that you are going to do great. You are such an incredible spirit!
Love Vic & Amanda