Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 4 after transplant

Good morning to all!

Yesterday was a very exciting day! I woke up at 6 a.m. to see the buses going to school and the other people going to work. I prepared for Ryan and Jennifer by taking a shower and the warm water sure felt goooood! It was so good to see their beautiful smiling faces. Jennifer brought some things to decorate the room but before she could get started Richard (one of the nurses) said that I was going to be moved to ANOTHER room! But I could not do that until after 6 p.m. because it has to be 24 hours to be sure that all the germs are killed. So Ryan and Jennifer helped to pack things up so things could be moved easier. The new room is suppose to bigger and does not have the noise from the air filter. I had a wonderful visit with them and hated to see them go but I did want them to get home before dark.

Richard started moving things and it took me quite a while to get things put away.I'm not done but I ran out of juice! I was in bed by 9:30. I really slept well even with them coming in every hour to check vitals.

I was told that the next exciting thing that will start tonight at 9 p.m. I will be getting my "food in a bag" and I will eating all night while I sleep! How's that for convenience ?


Also, I was told that the next thing that I will have to look forward to is mucouscitis where I will have difficulty swallowing starting at the throat and stomach and all the way to the other end, This is the next prayer that I have that it will be very mild and short lived.


Today Dad and Corinne are coming down to visit for the next two days and I am looking forward for the visit.

Please continue praying for me and thanks for all your love and support. When I read all my comments it is very humbling and awesome to me that there are so many people out there that care.


God Bless,
Gloria

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloria
It was SO GOOD to see you yesterday! Ryan and I couldn't believe how good you looked and felt! It was like you were just hanging out in the hospital in your PJs. :) I pray that you will continue to feel good in the weeks to come. I hope you're getting settled into your new room and that it's much warmer! Have a good visit today with Bob Grandaddy and Corinne. I miss you and love you lots!

Hugs,
Jake

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
It's good to hear that everything is going as it should. You sound so upbeat! I pray that you continue to feel good. Did you ever think you would be living in so many places in such a short time?
Take care,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Gloria,

So glad to hear your doing better each day. We have been thinking and praying for you. It has been so nice to be able to keep up with your progress. What an inspiration you are!!!

Terry and Jennifer Sager

Anonymous said...

Love seeing that blog, keep the faith and enjoy that food in a bag!

Love,
Vic & Amanda

Anonymous said...

Gloria,

I wore out the computer checking for an update. So glad everything is ok. I will be glad when you are back on Victoria Drive.

Holly

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
We have been checking your posts every day. It is great to see that you are doing so well. You are in our prayers daily. I hope this post works as I have tried twice before and they don't go through. It is probably something that I am not doing correctly. Keep that positive attitude going.
Dennis and Shirley