Thursday, September 18, 2008

6th day after treatment

Good evening to all !

My morning started on my bike and I saw the same scenery even though I pedaled as hard as I could !

Scott and Beth came for a visit and it was so good to see their smiling faces. They got to meet a lot of my nurses and cps and I think that they were very impressed with the care that they gave me. Scott don't forget what you are to bring Robin on your next visit!

Scott and Beth brought a bag full of homemade cards from Grady's 3rd grade class. I sure do appreciate the teacher taking the time out to let the students make cards.

Scott and Beth put up my cards up on the wall around my room and it makes it looks more homey. It is so amazing all the cards that I have received. Thanks to all.

Dr. McCardy was in and he said that things are going on schedule and he mentioned the day Sept 30!

I had a big day -- a day that I knew was coming but was not looking forward to it. while Scott and Beth was here we had a hair party! I thought long and hard if I wanted to have this part of my journey published or not but I thought about Job when he was being tested and I don't think that he was looking his best but he survived his testing. I have been very honest about all the other parts of my journey so this is just a part of it.

Thanks for all the prayers and continued support. Scott told me today that over 2100
people have looked at my blog -- God is awesome.

God Bless All,
Gloria

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,

Glad to hear you are doing so well with your treatment. Kevin and I are keeping you in our prayers and pray for your continued recovery. Lobster in a bag, what will they think of next.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I had such a wonderful time with you yesterday. It was good to be able to "catch up", to help get your room be a litte more "homey" and what a light you are to everyone you see at the hospital and with everyone who reads your blogs. This morning I was reading how Christ is the light of the world and in him there is no darkness at all. You've chosen to put Christ in your life and for Him to be the Light of the world shining through you! His beauty shines through you and you are beautiful to His eyes and to me, your family, and friends, and even people you don't know. Keep shining! I love you! Beth

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
Technology is truly a blessing. How wonderful to keep up with you & see your progress.
We agree with Beth, you are a blessing & inspiration to so many people.
We are keeping you in our prayers,
Charlie & Jackie

Barb K said...

Gloria,
You are such a trooper! Absolutely nothing gets you down. Kids these days use the word "awesome" so much today, but you truly are awesome!
Working on the program. I hope to get a letter in the mail Monday to your prospective roomies re the class. I read where you said the doc mentioned 9/30? Please let me know asap when he nails down a date.
Hang in there! We love you.
Gregg and Barb