Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 14th after transplant

Good evening -- I guess everyone is busy watching the debate. This has been a kind of uneventful day --rainy and the nurses with other patients so they didn't drop in like they usually do. The 10 year old girl that moved into my ocean room had her transplant this afternoon and my nurse had to stay with her -- she got really sick. Let's all say a prayer for her and her family.

I have tried to eat today but nothing tastes good. It all tastes like metal. But I know that I have to eat be able to get out of here. They say that it will take a while to get the old taste buds back.

Rodney got here tonight about 7:15 and it sure was good to see his face. He was concerned how he was going to get me packed up and moved so Ryan and Jennifer has volunteered to come down Sunday afternoon to help. It is surprising how much stuff you collect in a few short weeks and we thought that we had it under control.

I still have this influenza but prayfully it is gettting better. My lungs are still clear and my temperature is normal. It is just a little bothersome.

I continue to thank everyone for the cards and the love and support. I know that without all of this support I would not be doing as well as I have done. Candlewood Suites and then the next step is home.

God Bless and love you all,
Gloria

No comments: