Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 6 of my journey of hope

Good evening to all you faithful and supportive friends.
My day started out with excerising on my bike and a hike in the hallway several times. Then I had a shower and ate breakfast. I am noticing that the food does not taste as good as it did but that is to be expected.
I can't believe all the preventive meds that I have to take but thank goodness for them. At 2:oo I got the second round of the bad boy chemo. It made my mouth seems like it was on fire and it wouldn' t go away-- it made my cheeks rosey red and the glands in my neck started to swell. They even put me on a low dose of morphine. Rodney went to do the laundry and while he was gone I slept -- my phone rang and I didn' t know if it was 7 am or 7 pm ! I do feel better now.

One of the guys that Rodney works with (John) took him out to dinner this evening at the Comfort Resturant-thanks John for taking him out to get his mind off of me. He talked about
how good the meal was. John told Rodney that is important at a time like this to take care of the caregiver also. Thanks I think that is very true.

Now I need to brag about my wonderful caregiver -Rodney- he has been through alot with me and now we have one more journey. I will miss him when he goes home on Sunday, but I konw that this is something that needs to be done. As I have said before "THIS TOO SHALL PASS"

Hope to write more tomorrow,

Please say a big prayer for me in the next couple of weeks until my bone marrow infusion starts to take over and do its job and the flu-like syptoms that I was told to expect goes away.


God Bless All Of YOU!

Gloria

4 comments:

Barb K said...

Dear Gloria,
I'm soo very glad you are feeling a little better than yesterday. Yes, I know first hand that, at certain times, it is harder on the caregiver than on the patient. I'll try to talk to Rodney one day next week. It's important that he takes care of himself too.
You are both on the prayer list of the Bible Study that Jake and I have together ( Christian Believer) and you will remain there
for as long as it takes!
Get a good night's rest!
Love, Barb

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
Glad yesterday was better for you. Tomorrow is your big day! There are so many things that will be important tomorrow that need prayers, however you will be at the top of my list. Happy Anniversary to you and Rodney tomorrow! I think I remember hearing you say that Sept. 11th is your anniversary.
Keep your smile and know everyone is sending you prayers and hugs.
Susan G.

John Miers said...

Gloria-
Good to hear you are feeling better enough to exercise and write in your blog. It's humbling to see just how dedicated Rodney is to you. You picked a good one years ago. Tomorrow is a big day indeed. Take care.

PCox said...

You both will be in our thoughts all day tomorrow.
Love,
Pam & Denny