Saturday, September 27, 2008

day 15 after transplant

Good evening to all -- I guess that everyone is watching the Tech game tonight. Steve, so far it is going in your favor! Thanks so much for your surprise visit, good to see your smiling face.

Today was a very good day for me. First of all my soul mate is here with me. He did take a break this afternoon and a co-worker from Travelers picked him up and they went to his house and then to a Brazilian resturant for dinner (thanks, D.A.). Anybody who knows Rodney knows that he is like "Mikey" and he will try anything. He came back very impressed with the different food that he got to taste, While he was gone I rode my bike and then took a nap (truthfully a deep sleep!).

The doctors were here today and and they said that it would be up to me as to how I feel tomorrow and how much food I can eat and keep down, They gave me an IV of some anti-nausea meds this morning and it has worked wonders. I have kept down all my food (even though it still tastes like metal). I even drank the broth from my noodle soup, before I would pick out the noodles (Richard one of my nurses scolded me for not drinking the broth because I was wasting about 100 calories - he was proud of me today). Also, Dr. Chung is very impressed with my platelett count he said that they sometimes struggle to get other patients count to 50 and my platelett count as of yesterday was 117 !! Nurse just came in to give a copy of my new labwork for today and my platets are now 141!! GOD IS AWESOME !

One other thing that the nurse told me is that I am one of the few patients that she has worked with that has had a very mild case of mucositis. Usually people get sores in their mouth and throat that they can hardly swallow and can last for 2 weeks. AGAIN GOD IS AWESOME!

I have Pam Cox (a nurse) coming to stay with me from Sunday to Tuesday afternoon and Rodney will be with me until Sunday evening. I appreciate everyone who has volunteered their time to come stay with my- it is very humbling and I am looking forward to having your company.

I will post the new address at the Candlewood Suites as soon as I know the room number.

I've told you about the ten-year-old girl that is in my former "ocean" room that she had her transplant yesterday and she has been very sick with this. Her name is Shyanna please let's all remember her and her family in our prayers. It hurts for me to know that she is sick but be assured that she is in the best of hands here.

Wish that we could be in church with all of you but every week that passes gets closer to that wonder day. Miss and love all of you.

God Bless.
Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
We are so happy to hear that you are getting along so great! You are so strong and we never doubted that you will WIN! We sent you an email and some pictures. Hope to see you soon. Love, Valerie and Brad