Thursday, September 4, 2008

My first day of my journey

I arrived at MCV this morning at 6:30 am and got settled into my room. Wow what a room! The only room available was a child's room and it is painted up with fish and turtles swimming all over -- I feel like I am under the ocean.

They immediately started to do lab work and then at 10 I got my first round of chemo. Then another round at 2 pm and my last round for today will be at 10pm tonight. After each round of chemo they take several vials of blood that is flown to Washington state for testing tonight -- I told them that I won't have any blood left.




My nurse today and tomorrow is Len from the Phillipines and she is wonderful. Her and Rodney was on the same page since he spent 16 months there. They had a big conversation about the food.

I still feel well and still have a postive attitude but I miss everyone. I thank all of you for your continued support and prayers. That helps me to get through this journey.

God Bless,
Gloria

1 comment:

≈ Connie ≈ said...

Hey Gloria! Enjoyed reading your blog! What a great room to have!!!
: )
Thinking a lot about you and sending prayers your way.
Keep thinking good thoughts, and hope the weekend goes great!
Hugs, Connie Sites