Monday, December 1, 2008

day 80 after transplant

Hello to everyone,

Today was sunny but cool when we left for the clinic but it was raining when we came out. It is suppose to be cold this weekend. That is when the Christmas parade in downtown Richmond is and Friday the skyline will be lit. I would like to go to the parade but not if it is going to be so cold and I am sure it would be really crowded. I am sure the doctors would frown on that.

I am feeling better today than I did over the weekend. I even ate a scrambled egg and 1/2 of an english muffin for breakfast(I am not a breakfast person and I don't like eggs). The amazing part is that I even kept it down!

I got the results from my bone marrow test today and the nurse pract. said that everything looked good. That was an answered prayer. I was scheduled to go to the clinic on Wednesday but the clinic called this evening and wanted me to reduce the meds that is keeping me from getting Graft vs Host disease and they said that I didn't need to come back until Thursday. They will slowly wean me off this med because the want me to have a little GVH but not a lot. This shows that my donor is taking over. That is a good thing.

I hope that you ladies had a good time at the UMW Christmas party tonight. Hazel said that we were having our own party here -- we had chicken salad and apricots! Whew !!!!!!

Tomorrow is cleaning day and then we plan to go shopping and get groceries. Hopefully we can go early so maybe it won't be so crowded.

Take care,
Love,
Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, your news is wonderful. We are so glad to hear that everything looks great! We will continue to pray for you and we look forward to you being back in the valley. Love, Brad and Valerie