Wednesday, December 31, 2008

day 110 after transplant

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!

I went to clinic early today- with the car packed ready to come home if I am permitted. I had lab work done and saw Dr. Toor. He asked me a lot of questions about how I felt and then he told me that I could go home!!! But there was one condition - I am not to be out at Wal-Mart or any place where there may be germs and sick people. That means that I have to pretty much  stay home. It is so good to be home. It has been good medicine.

He is pleased with the results of the biopsy (the final results still have not come in). I will go back to Richmond on Sunday but I don't have to go to the clinic until Wednesday. That is when I will get my Hickman line removed.  He has started to wean me off of some of my meds. This is all a step forward. He said that he wanted me to stay around a couple of days after my line is removed and if everything goes well I can say goodbye to the Candlewood Suites!

It looks like Beth will be my last caregiver at the Candlewood suites, but after I get home I will need someone to take me to Richmond once a week, at the clinic for a few hours for lab work and a check up. If any of you could to do that, please let me know and I would appreciate it very much.  Things are really moving fast now and it is a little scary but I know that God has not brought me this far to leave me now. So many prayers have been answered already and there are more to be answered. I just take it one day at a time and let God.

My prayers for all of you is that you have a healthy and blessed 2009!!

Take care,

Love,

Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
I am so happy for you; the magic of prayers and love are overwhelming.
Love,
Sue