Friday, December 19, 2008

day 98 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone!

Today started off foggy but not too cold. I had to be at the clinic early and had my labs done and dressing changed. Now I can take a shower. I don't have to go back to the clinic until Tuesday. That will be another early and long day. I have to have a bone marrow biopsy and then they will let me know if I have to continue the home IV.

Next week on Wednesday I hoping that I will get the ok to go home until Sunday or longer. I have to put more rocks in my pockets -- I lost 3 lbs. last week and another 4 lbs. this week. I am not trying to lose weight but I just can't find anything that tastes good. I know that I need to eat protein but it all tastes like metal. Susan told me today that I had better start gaining some weight back or I would end up back in the hospital! Please say a prayer for me that I find a protein that tastes good.

Dad and Corinne left today at 3:30 this afternoon and Rodney got down here at 6:30. Ate some dinner and now we are watching another Christmas story with Henry Winkler. We are switching back and forth to the Richmond Spider football game. The last time we looked Richmond was ahead 14 to 0.

Take care,

Love to all,

Gloria

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gloria,
I got mostly caught up on your news of the bone marrow transplant and it sounds like all is going well. The Lord is good and awesome and I know in time, you'll be just fine and back to your old self.
Don't worry about not being able to eat much. I'm sure all the antibiotics, chemo, etc. has tainted your taste buds. When I had chemo, nothing tasted good but I ate anyway as much as I could.
I will not be in Bridgewater for Christmas, as I feel my place is with my family this year. My dad has had some health problems and I feel I need to be with my parents and grandchildren this year. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and God bless you and your family.
Love, Sue

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
Just wanted to let you know that we follow your blogs-Elaine every day & I very frequently. We are glad you are doing so well.
We wish you & Rodney a very Merry Christmas & a Happy, Healthy New Year!
Rufus & Elaine
rufushuffman@hotmail.com