Wednesday, December 24, 2008

day 103 after transplant

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!

Today has been a wonderful day. I AM HOME UNTIL MONDAY !!!! Praise the Lord. He is so awesome.

Left Richmond and stopped at AMC at the Hope Clinic to see the nurses that was so good to me while I was going there for chemo this spring. I got to see so many of them.They all came up to me with open arms and Rodney had to run interference for me. He told them, please no hugs. They understood. It was so nice to see them. When we were leaving AMC Santa came by on a Harley with his pack on the back and blowing his horn. It was so cute - Rodney wanted a picture but Santa wouldn't stop. I guess that he was on a mission.

It is so good to be back in B'water. After we got here we unloaded the car and then we went to Wal-Mart. Rodney didn't have a chance to get milk, eggs and bread. What a mess. I got so tired that I went straight to bed when we got home. I rested for several hours. Good to be back in my own bed. Ryan and Jake stopped by for a few minutes. Ryan fixed me pancakes and sausage cake. I helped Rodney decorate a little for Christmas. Ryan and Jake came down last night and set up the manager scene-- that really makes it more like Christmas.

We went down to church at the 5:30 service and sit in the car and saw people that I wanted to see so bad. I told them that my spirit was definitely inside the church but I just couldn't go  in now. It was so fun to see everyone.

    Went out to look at Christmas lights and Ryan and Jake went   with us. We took them down to church for the 11pm service (this is the service that Rodney and I really like to go to). We saw some more of our church family from our car. What a perfect day!!

Scott and family will be here tomorrow and then we will have Christmas tomorrow evening.

I have got to get to bed and get up early in the morning to finish wrapping the presents. I get tired easy so it will take me a while.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.

Love, Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that you got home. We are sorry we won't get to see you. Hope your Christmas is a very Merry ONE! Valerie and Brad