Tuesday, December 23, 2008

day 102 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

Well today started out early and it was cold outside (13 degrees). Had to be at the clinic at 8 this morning. I got my stats and lab work taken and then waited for the nurse pract.to come in. She said that she didn't think that I should stay at home until Monday but after she saw my lab work she changed her mind. But I was told by 3 different nurses that I was to stay away from anybody that was sick. A common cold could set me back and so could being around anyone who was sick. I know that Rodney is going to be very careful of who comes to see me. I will stand in front of the picture window and wave at all who goes by!

The biopsy was done by a Jewish doctor and he was really good.My nurse Carol stayed by my side and held my hand the whole time. She continued to pray for me- it was very powerful. Prayers do work- the biopsy was painless today. I had to lay on my back for about an hour and I was given a small bag of saline. I don't have to stick my finger to check my sugar and I don't have to do home IV of saline while I am at home. I go back to clinic at 11 on Monday. Hope to be able to come home again for New Year's but I'll have to see. I know that when I come back down here I have to have my Hickman line removed. I will then use my port and I won't have lines hanging out. That is one more step closer to coming home for good.

I am hoping that Beth will be here to be my caregiver starting the first week of January but I do not have anybody else lined up and I would appreciate anyone who would be willing to take a week. Hopefully I will be home for good by the middle of January but like they said, You have come this far don't rush it now.

A very merry Christmas to all of you and the best for 2009.

Love, Gloria

No comments: