Tuesday, December 9, 2008

day 88 after transplant

 

Hello everyone,

It was a nice today - not near as cold as it has been. I don't think that it will last very long but I'll take every nice day God gives us. It is suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow.

I have some exciting news that I could hardly wait to tell you about. I went to clinic today and I found out that my donor was not a 20 year old football player but was a female. I am just so thankful for her and her lifesaving gift. I also got the final results back from my bone marrow biopsy --- I am ALL DONOR !! Praise the Lord, that is an answered prayer. I have an appointment with the doctor on Friday when I am at the clinic to find out what is the plan and try to give me a time line. I am almost sure that I will get to come home for Christmas but only for a visit. I just have to remember that I have come this far and I don't want to rush things now. One day at a time.

Scott and I went to the mall after the clinic and I was about worn out when we got back. He fixed me chicken stir-fry for dinner that was really good.

Need to get to bed and get up early tomorrow and wait for my niece and her family to visit with us  and then Pastor Steve will be here on Thursday.

Take care,

Love to all,

Gloria

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!!! What wonderful news for you and your family. That is the best Christmas gift and proof that prayers are answered. God is very good! Hang in there and keep drinking!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Susan

PCox said...

Wonderful news, Gloria! I was a little worried about the 20-yr.-old football player, to be honest: How would Rodney ever keep up with you?
I hope you can get a holiday furlough--that would be the best medicine, huh? Follow the plan and it'll lead you home SOON!!
Pam & Denny

Anonymous said...

Hey Gloria!
Great news! Miss ya' girl.
dawn, RN (H.O.P.E.)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! I want to share these words that Bob Disher's wife, Susan, sent me when she found out about the biopsy..."God is good all the time and all the time God is good!" The results from the biopsy were great but even better is the joy and hope you've shared and expressed in your blog that you've always had... don't ever let go! I'm proud of you and love you very much!
Beth