Thursday, December 25, 2008

day 104 after transplant

 

Merry Christmas to all,

It has been a very busy but wonderful day. Scott and family got here about 5 pm and Ryan and Jennifer came up and we had dinner. Then we opened presents and then we had dessert. It was so much fun with the kids. Grady and Libby were so excited and very thankful for all their gifts. As I am here writing my blog I am being attacked by a two remote control helicopters (one of Grady's Christmas gifts). They are having some much fun with the helicopters.

I spent most of the day wrapping gifts and baking a chocolate cake. I got very tired so I took a shower and then went to bed for a couple hours. I had so many phone calls and people just concerned and thankful that I got home. I appreciated the calls very much.

Tomorrow is usually the day that we all get up early and go  shopping and get our cards and wrapping paper for next year. Don't think that I am up to that this year. Jennifer said that she will pick up some for me.

Hope that everyone of you had a wonderful Christmas. It is so nice to be able to be with family and make more memories. I know that the weekend will go by too quickly  but I am so thankful for the time I have. Rodney's side of the family is coming in tomorrow but I am not sure that I will be able to go see them. On Saturday evening my side of the family will get together and here again I am not sure that I will be able to go see them. I have come so far now that I just can not take the chance on getting a set back.

I hope that I will find out some results about the biopsy and when I can go home when I go back to VCU next week.

Take care,

Love to all,

Gloria

No comments: