Saturday, December 20, 2008

day 99 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

I guess that everyone is out getting the last (or maybe the first) things ready for Christmas. It was rainy and pretty cool here today but we went out to get a few things done. The stores were really crowded and probably not the best place for me to be.

I got really tired so we came back to the hotel and while Rodney was doing the laundry I laid down and I felt a lot better when I got up.

I ate some cream of wheat for breakfast and noodle soup for lunch and then I ate some dried beans for dinner. I have tried to eat more protein but it sure doesn't taste good.

We are watching another Hallmark Christmas movie. They have all been very good and gets you into the Christmas mood.

I know that they are calling for some nasty weather at home tonight and tomorrow. I am praying that the weatherman is wrong. I don't want Dad and Corinne traveling down here in bad weather and I sure don't want Rodney traveling home in bad weather.

You all take care,

Love,  

Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
Praise God you will get to come home for Christmas even if you can't have visitors face to face. I know that will make you happy to be in your own bed with your own things for a change.
The way Christmas has worked out is Ramona and family will not be able to come to B'water until Friday, so Richard is going then and I'm going with him. It will be a nice day and I so wish you could join us, but I totally understand your dilemma with possible setbacks. You never know for sure if someone is carrying a bug or has one but perhaps doesn't have symptoms yet.
We'll call first and then drive by and wave at you.
Love to you and your family and Merry Christmas!
This New Year will start on a positive note and I'm so happy you will be okay and healthy once again. Prayers do make a difference in our lives and God takes care of those who help themselves.
Love,
Sue