Wednesday, November 19, 2008

day 68 after transplant

Good evening to everyone,

Again it was very cool today. It was sunny but windy. Had to be at the clinic at 9:15. I got my usual again today--saline and magesium. I did get a visit from Rick one of the nurse pract. from upstairs. I hadn't seen him since I was in the hospital. He talked to me and told me that things looked good and that he didn't have any concerns about my transplant. He also told me that he thought that it would be very possible for me to go home for Christmas. At least for a long weekend if not for good. That is not very far off.

After clinic I had to go to CVS to get some meds refilled. While we were close to Libby Hill I took Jennifer see Libby Hill. It is a wonderful view of Richmond and of the James River. We didn't get back to the hotel until 3 and we were very hungry.

Jennifer made vegetable soup in the crock pot. That was very good especially in this cold weather. We have enough to last all week.

I don't go back to the clinic until Friday. The nasal wash test will not be back for about a week so until then I am in isolation. Suits me.

This evening after dinner Jennifer started to make jewelry and I started to put another puzzle together! This time it is a picture of a red barn in the snow. Since it is cold outside I thought that would be a good puzzle to put together.

I can't believe that tomorrow will be Thursday already. The time flies by. That is a good thing because I'm ready to go home.

Take care and talk to you tomorrow,
Love all,
Gloria

2 comments:

PCox said...

Gloria & Jake,
If I could, I'd come down to have fun and EAT all the good food you tell about! Dennis is down & out with muscle spasms in his back--had to go to the ER Monday evening--so I'm his nurse for a while. You are a much better patient!!!
The Beast ;-))

Anonymous said...

I told you you had a good chance of being home by Christmas!!!!
YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's about 25 degrees here now. We had another blood drive at church Sunday and we broke our record with 28 units!!! I thought about you because the last one we had was the same day as the marrow donor drive.
You and Jake behave yourselves!. Money is tight and I couldn't afford to bail you both out! :-D
Love and Hugs,
Barb