Monday, November 3, 2008

day 51 after transplant

Good evening everyone,

Today started out by getting ready for the clinic. It was a long day (10 to 3). They were short handed and there are still a lot of people that have to be isolated. Also the nurse said that the charts were slow in coming back because something had to be done to them because it was the first of the month. They couldn't do anything about labs until they got the charts. Then my magesium was low so they gave me a big bag of saline and some magesium. They said that this is normal. Sometimes it just takes your body a while to get started again. The nurse pract. said that they are pleased with my progress and everything looks good. I can expect to lose my hickman line soon and that will leave my port for them to use. I don't go back to clinic until Wed. at 9.


Got back to the hotel and ate lunch-dinner? My appetite has not been real good for a couple of days and the nurse prat. said that it shows on my lab work. I had to promise her that I would try to eat more. She gave me a list of food that is high in magesium.


Sara just to let you know that I got the puzzle ornament together tonight! It was kind of hard at first but it looks really nice. Thanks so much for the ornament.


Shirley Hohenstein called me this evening. It was good to hear her voice. Thanks Shirley.

I have got to go take my meds and then get meds ready for tomorrow.Then it is bed time.

Miss all of you,
Love,
Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
We are glad that Bob and Corinne can be there with you. Enjoy the beautiful colors of fall. We are thinking of you and praying for you everyday. Love, Valerie and Brad