Sunday, November 9, 2008

day 57 after transplant

Good evening everyone,

Today was another day off from the clinic. Rodney did laundry for me today. He has really gotten good at it!

I go to clinic tomorrow at 3 pm. I wanted an earlier time but they are all booked up until Wednesday. Oh well, what else do I have to do. Hopefully it won't be crowded and I can get in and out quickly. I know that since I am coming up on day 60 soon that I will have some other kind of test done instead of the bone marrow biospy. Also they said that my hickman line days are numbered. That will be taken out soon. It will be nice to not have lines sticking out of my body. I will still have my port for them to use. They will excess that first to see if it is still working before they take out the hickman line.

Hope that all of you got to get out and enjoy the beautiful day. It turned cloudy and cool this afternoon but it didn't rain. Rodney left at 5:20 this evening and Dad and Corinne got there at 6. I wanted Rodney to get back over the mountain before it got too late. He called when he got home and said that he saw 5 deer on the way home (thank goodness they were all dead when he saw them). I guess that it is that time of year when they are really on the move.

We went to the McGuire Veterans Hospital and walked on their fitness trail. It was really nice. It was really a big place and we walked the whole path. I was tired by the time I got back to the car.

Got to take my 10 pm meds and then go to bed.

Take care and again thanks so much for all your support, cards, calls and prayers for us. It has been very helpful to make this part of my life a lot easier to handle. God has brought me this far and He won't leave me now.

Love,
Gloria

No comments: