Sunday, November 2, 2008

day 50 after transplant

Hello everybody,

I hope that all of you had a wonderful fall day. It was a beautiful sunny day here and Rodney and I went to Libby Hill where we saw a good view of the city of Richmond and of the James RIver. The trees have changed colors and it was beautiful. Then we went to St. John's church where Patrick Henry gave his famous speech. We also went to the Virginia Holocaust Museum and that was kind of scary. It is located in an old tobacco warehouse and full of a lot of interesting things. We watched a 13 minute video interviewing 7 Holocaust survivors from Richmond. It brought tears to your eyes. There was even one of the survivors in the gift shop. He had written a book and was promoting it. The museum was set up like you were there and as you entered some of the rooms it was dark and all of a sudden the lights would come on and there would be a German soldier with a machine aimed at you! Another place as you walked by a dog would bark and Rodney about jumped out of his skin.


My caregiver for this week was suppose to be Beth but she called this morning and said that she had a cold. I called the clinic to see if it would be ok for her to come and they said definitely not. So we called Dad and Corinne and they said that it suited them to come down. Beth will come down next week if she is over her cold.
She really felt bad about it. I told her that was just something that happens and we cried. Things will work out ok - we have God on our side. Please say a prayer that she will get over her cold quickly.

I go to the clinic tomorrow at 10. Hope that it will be a short visit. I have got to go to bed early tonight so I can get my meds and breakfast before I go.

I heard that the Wild West Fall Fest at church went well. I am so glad. I know that there is a lot of work that goes into it. Wish I could have been there to help be a part of it.

Write tomorrow night,
Love to All,
Gloria

No comments: