Thursday, January 8, 2009

day 118 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

What a day -- we woke up to sunshine today!! It was really nice to see blue sky instead of clouds and rain.

Got up and started to pack --I'M GOING HOME TOMORROW, JUST INCASE YOU HAVEN'T HEARD !!!! Beth and I worked most of the morning getting things packed. She left at 1:oo and thank God she made it home safely. Rodney got here safely also and then we had a special visitor that I had not seen for several years. Larry Campbell that I grew up with across the street. Until a couple of weeks ago I had forgotten that he lived in Richmond. When I got his number I called and told him that I was in Richmond, so he called today to see if it was ok for him to stop by. It was so good to see him and to talk about things long ago. He is getting ready to go through his own little journey - a kidney transplant and we need to keep him in our prayers. He said this evening that it must have been God that got us back together. I encouraged him to just take one day at a time and to remember that THIS TOO SHALL PASS.  I now have his email so I will try to keep in touch with him and I will pass on his progress so we can pray for him.

I have to go to bed so I can get up early in the morning and pack everything up and check out. I"M GOING HOME !!!! Sorry, but I am really excited. Next blog will be from home

Take care,

Love to all,

Gloria

2 comments:

PCox said...

YAY!!YAY!! YAY!!
It'll be good to have you back in the neighborhood. As soon as I get rid of this cold (if that day ever comes) I can't wait to come visit and we'll do our hair together!
Love ya',
Pam

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Hildebrand,

You did it! I have been asking Scott and praying for your recovery! I am delighted to hear your wonderful news...going 'home!'
Please take it easy. I will continue to pray for your healthy recovery!!!! Enjoy this time of year! Many Blessing for you!!!!
Linda Lashendock