Wednesday, January 7, 2009

day 117 after transplant

Hello to everyone,

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!!

The day started off rainy and foggy but when we got back from the clinic the sun came out -- it was so good to see the sun shine after several days of clouds and rain. The sunshine didn't last very long - the next 10 minutes it was raining again. I am just thankful that the temperature was warm enough to keep it rain and not ice or snow.

Got to the clinic at 8:30 and got my lab work done and then I got to see Dr. Chung and he said that the final results still are not back from the bone marrow biopsy but he gave he a very good report and said that I didn't need to come back to the clinic until Jan. 16. That means that I can check out of Candlewood and go home!!!! I got my hickman line out today and that wasn't as easy as the nurses told me it was. Beth stood beside me all the way and held my hand. After I was numbed (stuck about 4 or 5 times) I could feel a lot of tugging and sniping. I kept asking, "Are you done yet?" When it was finally out Beth said, "Boy that was long!" The line that was in my neck was 20cm long! It is kind of sore now but if I can stand a bone marrow biopsy, I can stand getting my hickman line out. I sure do appreciate having Beth there with me. At least I had someone that I could talk to to get my mind off of what was going on.

Talked to Rodney and he is coming down tomorrow evening and take me home on Friday. Beth will leave early tomorrow so she will get home before dark. I know that her family will be glad to have her home again (especially MR> MOM) She helped me pack up a few things tonight and we will get some more done tomorrow.

This is so exciting -- so many prayers answered. God is so awesome!

See you all soon!

Love, Gloria

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!! Continue to take care of yourself and get your strength back.

May God continue to be with you and your family.

Susan

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS. I know this will be your best year ever. Be careful and God bless.

Pat & David

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Gloria,
This is wonderful news. I know it must have seemed like and eternity to you, but you did it. You are a trooper. Just remember to pace yourself when you get home! Blessings,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you and Rodney!
Love, Brad and Valerie