Sunday, February 22, 2009

day 163 after transplant

 

Hello to everyone,

Seems like a long time that I have blogged and I miss it but thankful that there has not been anything so exciting that it was necessary to write.

Monday I went to the clinic to see a dermatologist to get a skin biopsy to see if I indeed had Graft vs. Host disease. The rash on my face, chest and back is not any worse. Probably the same or a little better. The welts are gone and now it is just a little crusty, like dry skin. Now I have two stitches in my back.

I was scheduled to go back to MCV on Wednesday but heard that the weather was suppose to be  bad on Wednesday morning so I called the clinic to see if I  could go on Tuesday. They said that would be fine, so I went back to MCV on Tuesday! They took blood work and the doctor said that things looked good. He wanted me to come back on Friday but then he said that I should call him on Friday and we would talk over the phone.But if it got any worse to call ASAP. Then he scheduled me to come in on Monday, so now I am headed back to MCV again in the morning.

On Thursday I had to go to AMC to see an endocrinologist about my thyroid. She was a very nice person and I was really impressed with her caring way. She sent me for blood work and I won't know that results until this week. She did not change my meds because she wants to see the results of my blood work first. I go back to her in 6 weeks. It is getting so hard to keep up with all the doctors that I have seen.

Scott, Beth and the kids are planning to come home on Friday and I can't go back to the clinic until next week -- hope that I can convince the doctors of that. I am really looking forward to seeing them. I haven't seen them since Christmas.

Saturday was the day for laundry and cleaning. By now Rodney has it down pat really good. He now realizes what all it takes to keep the house clean. I did go down to see Rodney's aunt at the nursing home. She was so surprised to see me. We went down when there was no one in the halls and we just stayed for a couple of minutes. That was the first time since August that I had seen her.

I have been able to eat some different food this week. I found a really good spicy Healthy Choice TV dinner that was really good. That was exciting! I have not lost any more weight but am maintaining. I still can not stand the smell of coffee or the taste of a soft drink. But I did enjoy sauerkraut, hot dogs and dumplings - think that maybe my donor is German? 

This morning for our "worship service" Rodney and I listened on line  to one of the sermons at Scott's church in NC -- it was awesome. Then this afternoon we took Rodney's mother for a drive just to get her out of the house for a while. I know what it is like to be here and not be able to be out. I am so thankful to be home but I would like to be able to do more. I would really like to get some sewing done or some cross stitch but they don't want me to to do that yet. I would also like to clean out closets or to go down stairs to do picture framing but there is too much dust for me now. This too shall pass. I have read a lot of good books and still have some to go.

Well that pretty well sums up my week.

Take care -- miss you all so much.

Love,

Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you and Rodney Monday and Friday-- hopefully we can get together again soon. We're still due for a game of Dominoes. :)

Love you,
Ryan, Jennifer, Harley and Baby