Sunday, March 1, 2009

day 170 after transplant

 

Hello everyone,

Today has been a mix bag of weather, woke up to snow. It was pretty on the ground-didn't lay on the roads. It is suppose to snow tonight and early in the morning and the temperature in the 20's. I have an appointment at AMC ( Fishersville) tomorrow. Rodney has a doctor appointment that I definitely don't want him to miss with the dermatitis. He has a place on his arm that we are concerned with so say a prayer that it is nothing but if it is it is caught in time. Since I do not drive in bad weather our neighbor across the street is going to take me (thanks Travis).

On Tuesday Rodney is going to his arthritis doctor. His arthritis is really kicking butt. He has been under a lot of stress with all he has had to do to help me. I pray that the doctor can recommend something that will get him straightened out (and not injections). Please say a prayer for him about this also.

Now about my week. Monday started out going to MCV. They did blood work and Dr. Toor put me on some new meds for the Graft vs. Host and it is suppose to reduce my immune system so I have to be really careful again. I was getting to the point where I was feeling comfortable doing more things and now I have to do things like I did when I first left the hospital. I have been warned to stay away from ANYONE that is sick. The flu is really rampant and very dangerous for me. I feel fine and the rash is still a little red on my face but chest and back is not red. The steroids are giving me super energy -- I do everything fast! My appetite is doing a little better. I only lost one pound this week. I bought some dress slacks and I got size 6 and 8! Can't believe it.

On Wednesday I had a really nice visit with Shirley Hohenstein. I was good to hear about things going on at Sunday School. We sure do miss being there. She is such a special lady that is so strong in her faith and that helps me.

On Thursday I went to AMC to get blood work and get my stitches out.

Friday Scott and family came home. Went to Dad's for dinner and then the kids stayed with Ryan and Jennifer for the night. We all got together on Sat. for breakfast and I noticed that Libby was coughing and had a little runny nose. That made me very uncomfortable and I had to make a very hard decision and asked them to leave. They understood completely and left quickly. Maybe it was for the best because of the bad weather that we got. Even though their stay was cut short we still had quality time together and we shared three really good meals together. It is such a blessing to have such understanding kids.

Today we went to Costco and a lady (a teacher in the county) noticed my mask and she asked me if I had gone through chemo and I explained to what I had gone through. She was in tears. Both she and her husband have gone through cancer. She said that she would pray for me. God plants angels all around us.

Well that pretty much sums of my week. I feel fine and would welcome any healthy visitors, but please call first.

One more thing. Anyone interested, there is a good article by Jim Bishop in Saturday's  Daily News Record on page E2. It talks about life throwing you curves and how to deal with them. It really hits home with me. I have had several "bumps" in the road of life but with the help of God and loving family and friends the "bumps" in my life just made my faith and strength in God stronger. I have felt comfort knowing that God was and is always with me.

Take care. Be careful as you travel tomorrow. Just looked outside and it is really snowing. The ground is covered again.

Until next week,

Love, Gloria

No comments: