Sunday, March 15, 2009

day 184 after transplant

Well this has been another week of crazy weather. Last Sunday it was 70 degrees and by Friday we woke up to 2 inches of snow. Saturday and today it was cool and rainy.

Monday was a day that I spent on the phone getting a lot of loose ends tied up with work and getting all our tax papers together for our tax man. That is something that I always drag my feet on. Glad that it is done.

Tuesday I had to go to MCV. Dennis and Shirley took me and we had a wonderful day together. Shirley got to go back with me and see how they access my port. Shirley could not believe how caring and friendly all the nurses were. She said on the way home that I could tell her all day about how nice they are but until you see it for yourself you just wouldn't believe it. She said that I truly do have a new family at MCV. A lot of the nurses that took care of me while I was in the hospital was working in the clinic today. It was just like a reunion. They couldn't believe how much weight that I lost. I got to see Dr. McCarty (he is the head of the three doctors) and when he saw my back and chest and saw that they had cleared up but my face was still red and blotchy he suspected something else. He had a dermatologist paged. He said that I had rosacea (like acne under the skin that spreads out under the skin instead of forming pimples) and he wanted to know that he was treating it properly. He ordered me some cream to put on twice a day. He said that it could take up to six weeks to see any difference. I have noticed some difference already.

Scott called this evening and said that he was in the ER with Grady getting stitches. Go to the NC Hildebrand at the right side of my blog and read the entire story, All I can say is that a guardian angel was with him that it wasn't any worst. He is doing fine now.

Wednesday I found out a date for my next bone marrow biopsy -- March 24. Rodney is taking the day off to take me because he said that he wanted to be there to hold my hand. This will be the first time that he has been there at MCV for my biopsy.

Thursday Pastor Peggy came for a visit. I sure enjoyed her visit. The weather was warm enough for me to walk so when Rodney got home we walked our subdivision. They are calling for snow tomorrow!

Friday we woke up to 2 inches of snow. It was not on the roads but the trees and ground was covered. It was beautiful. I went with Rodney most of the day. It was nice to spend the day together. We both packed our lunch and ate in the car. He dropped me off at home and he had other cars to look at. Ryan,Jennifer and Granny came up for the evening. I tell you that these steroids really have me pumped and I do everything fast!

Saturday was rainy and cool. A day for cleaning and doing the laundry. We got a lot done. Went to the grocery store and to pick up my meds.

Sunday it was another rainy day and a day that we spent together. Sure do miss going to church but we listened to a service on the radio. Not the same but will have to do for now.

That is about it for the week. I go to AMC tomorrow afternoon and Rodney is off for Richmond for a meeting on Tuesday. This will be the first that I will be by myself all night since my transplant. Ryan will on on call just incase I need something.

Take care and will write again next week. Have a wonderful week and remember to smile and make someone's day. You may be the only Bible that some one reads.

Love,

Gloria

Scott gave me an update on the # that has checked my blog as of 3/14: 15479! How awesome!  The map shows "hits" I'm getting.

clip_image002

No comments: