Sunday, March 22, 2009

day 191 after transplant

 

This has been an interesting week. I feel good with a lot of energy. I still do everything fast!

Monday morning Rodney left early for work and he worked his way to Richmond to spend the night. He had an early Tuesday morning meeting. This is the first time that I have been by myself all night since I started my journey. I felt a little nervous but I got a long fine. I had an appointment at AMC to see the doctor and get blood work. The doctor is very pleased the way things are going. Ryan and Jennifer had me down for dinner and it was good to be spoiled by my kids. The meal was delicious. Rodney needed some typing done so I stayed up until 12:30am and worked on that.

On Tuesday spent the day going through some things cleaning out and throwing away. Rodney got home safely and the weather was nice so we walked the neighborhood. It was so nice to get out and walk. Mary Glover called to get an update so see how I am doing so she  could tell the UMW (church womens' group) tonight at their meeting. She is such a special lady.

On Wednesday I did more cleaning out and Sharon Buckner stopped by. She is one of my faithful framing customers. I have a list of faithful customers that are patiently waiting until I can get back down to the shop - that will be so good.

Thursday I had to go to the dentist for my cleaning. I had to get permission from Dr. McCarty first and I had to take some very strong antibiotics on Wed, Thurs and Friday. I called the dentist office to let them know that I could not be in the waiting room so they took me through the service entrance. The hygienist wanted to do a probe to check my gums and I told her that no "we weren't going to do that" . "We" were going to do as little probing as possible so as not to stir up a lot of bacteria. Just clean my teeth and see if I have any cavities. She couldn't believe that I can't floss because that stirs up bacteria. She just didn't understand how careful I have to be because my immune system is low. She did clean my teeth very gently and didn't make my gums bleed and I don't have any cavities. Got to walk again this evening when Rodney came home.

Friday Doris Graham stopped by for a visit and brought me some books to read for the UMW reading program. One is about the Amish and the killing at the school -- I can't wait to read that. We had a nice visit. Took Rodney's mother to Wal-Mart.

Saturday is our cleaning day and I got my Easter decorations out and cleaned up down stairs. Gregg and Barbara Kiracofe (friends from church) came up in the evening so Rodney could show Gregg how to use his new GPS. We had a good visit. Evelyn Bland (friend from church) called and said that she was sorry that she hadn't call sooner but that she has been praying for me everyday.

Today was a day that Rodney and I could just spend together. It was a beautiful day and we rode around just to see the blooming flowers and how things are coming alive.

Tuesday I go to MCV and the day that I have my next bone barrow biopsy.  I am not really looking forward to that but it will be ok. Rodney is taking the day off and taking me down. If you will remember to say a a prayer for me about 11am on Tuesday that would be very appreciated. I truly believe that there is power in prayer.

Well that was my week. I hope that you all had a good week and that you will have a good week this week.

Write to you next week,

Love,

Gloria   

No comments: