Sunday, March 29, 2009

day 198 after transplant

 

Greetings to all,

This has been a busy week.

I guess the big event was on Tuesday when Rodney took me to MCV for blood work and more important for my bone marrow biopsy.

I had asked for prayers for me at 11:00 (when my biopsy was scheduled) and I could feel all of the prayers. Dr. Ben-Ezra did my biopsy and he was wonderful. He told me step by step how and what he was going to do. It was very painless ! I think that Rodney was very impressed with him. This was the first time that Rodney had been to MCV to see me get this procedure done, he has been with me at UVA to see this procedure. I will not know the results until the next time I go to MCV. We got home at 3:30 and that was a good day. George and Harriet Wilson came up for a visit and it was good to see them. George is a teacher that I worked with and his wife is going through a battle with cancer. We have tried to keep up with each other and give one another support.

I now have to go to MCV every other week and do not have to go to AMC unless I feel it is necessary. The next time I go to MCV is not until April 9th.  

On Wednesday I had an appointment with the endocrinologist about my thyroid level. She said that the last blood work was better than the one before so she said just to keep doing what I have been doing. I don't have to go back for 6 weeks to see her again.

On Thursday afternoon Rodney called and said that he was going to Lexington and wanted to know if I wanted to ride along. Sure thing! I packed our lunches and off we went. We went way back in the country and it was beautiful. Everything was so green and we saw a really neat old mill. It was a good day to ride with him.

On Saturday we took off and went to NC for the day to see the kids and it was a good trip. We left at 6 am and got down there at 9:30. We have a good visit and lunch together. We left NC at 3:30 and got home at 7:30. We drove home in the rain but it was still a nice day. I knew that I could not stay over night yet so it was really good just to be able to spend a couple hours with them. We took Rodney's mother with us, she had never seen their new house and I think that she had a good day.

Today we spent the day doing our Saturday chores -- laundry, etc.

Well that is my week -- hope that you all had a good week and that you will have a good week this coming week. Make it point to give someone a smile to make their day. You never know that might be the only smile they get all day. Go that extra mile. Next Sunday is Palm Sunday and I would really like to be able to go to church but I don't want to do anything that I shouldn't do.

Until next week,

Love,

Gloria

No comments: